Even if you don’t agree, as far as we were concerned, ‘not trying’ was never an option. A complex problem that can’t be easily quantified meant we had an opportunity to try to create a solution, which even if it doesn’t comprehensively solve the problem as a whole, we were sure, it would have the potential to reach many.
Thus began our journey!
(Here is the first part of this series..)
So, interaction is the key to a healthy workplace. And healthy interaction promotes happiness, which in turn has a direct impact on employee engagement, thereby increasing productivity.
This is the premise.
We wanted to develop a platform which addresses the core of workplace happiness, i.e, interaction, therein addressing a big & an important facet of employee engagement – the holistic issue in front of us.
As we started putting together the initial straw man version of the solution we were going to build, we started listing the main components that the solution was going to have on our design board. Interestingly, as we continued to make the design more and more robust till we kicked off the actual development process & continued to the point till we decided to freeze our scope for version 1.o, we realized our original main components still remained our main components. And that is saying something about our own core belief on what this product should be.
So, what did we think our solution should have as its main components?
1) A social network — a place where there is social communication & a place where interaction takes place in a public sort of way, a place that encourages team members to get to know each other better.
2) A Collaboration portal — a place that provides an easy & an organized way to do information exchange, a place that gives a sense of control to the persons initiating/leading/managing collaboration with an option to decide who they specifically want to be collaborating in that space.
3) Private communication — Messaging feature which is secure, one on one, etc.
4) Appreciation — a fun way to appreciate team members/colleagues that also promotes a sense of healthy competition amongst them, because in the end, if the employees are competitive to get more appreciation from their colleagues, then the net result is going to be better work output and increased productivity.
5) Interaction Intelligence — a feature/tool within our solution that builds intelligence over a period of time to encourage interaction between colleagues/team members both within the tool (online) and in person (offline).
Once we had the design scope finalized (the first version), we couldn’t hold our excitement, as we were very sure we were on our way to build a new & a unique solution, one that potentially could change the way workplaces start looking at employee engagement.
We started expanding the functionality of the main components and started breaking them down into smaller features. As with any new product development, the energy we have within the development team can be termed as something that fluctuates between “high” and “very high” on any given day.
These features were then translated into user experience discussions, navigation aspects, technical dependencies, etc. After the feasibility of each feature was well analyzed, we started finalizing our functional and technical specifications with timeline estimates.
Fast Forward to March 2016.
Our solution, Cabaana is now about 3 months away from its official launch. And we are in the final stages of our development & unit testing. A beta version will be made available for all the early adopters & others who wanted to be part of this journey by signing up before December 2015. And needless to say, we are super excited.
Any attempt to describe the sense of creative satisfaction one gets as one sees an idea transform into a real product through multiple phases, is futile because that sense is truly beyond words. And that’s exactly what we are going to through right now.
So, what exactly is Cabaana?
In short, “Cabaana” is a cloud based platform which has been designed for teams of any size to increase employee engagement by keeping the focus on overall Happiness.
Communication, Collaboration, Interaction and Appreciation are the key components of Cabaana, but the gamified look & feel and the overall fun design makes it a unique solution for a diverse workforce.
It is an “avant-garde” cross platform application, which can easily be accessed from the web through desktop computers, or tablets and through smartphones running iOS or Android.
Cabaana is a subscription based service and the monthly cost depends on the the team size.
In the coming weeks & months, we will continue to provide updates on the product launch and will share with you more descriptive details on the individual features.
As Caba would like to say, Stay Happy!!